Find your child care centre
Bink News

What is an early child education and care indication?

Some children receive a VVE 'early child education and care' indication (VVE-indicatie), via their child health care centre. This is sometimes the case, for example, for children who do not speak Dutch at home, or who speak a non-western European language, aside from Dutch, at home. An indication is also at times given to children who, due to illness, a hearing impairment or other special circumstances, could perhaps develop a delay in their language development.

If your child has received a VVE indication via their child health care centre, they are allowed to attend their playgroup for four partial days a week. There are no parental contribution costs for the two additional days. Children without a VVE indication may attend for two partial days per week.